What do I need to know to get started?
To begin banking online, you must have a NetTeller ID and Password. To receive these, you will need to complete a Commerce Bank Online Application. You may apply online and read the Online Banking Agreement located on this site. Applications are also available through email requests by contacting the Commerce Bank Online Administrator at email@example.com, by telephoning (662) 286-5577, or by requesting an application at our Main Office. After we receive your completed application and agreement, your NetTeller Online ID and Password will be mailed within 1 to 3 business days.
Is there a charge for banking online?
For consumer and small business account holders, there is NO CHARGE for account access. Online Bill Payment is now free for consumers. For business customers, it is free for the first 15 payments per month and $.50 per payment in excess of 15 per month. A fee does apply for business clients that use the Cash Management System. Contact your Business Banker for additional information.
NETTELLER USER ID AND PASSWORD
Can I change my User ID?
Yes. You can create an alias to replace the 12-digit NetTeller ID that you were assigned. Your user ID is case-sensitive and must be four to twelve characters long. The User ID cannot begin with a number but may include numbers. The following special characters are allowed: + _ % @ ! $ & * ~ . To create an alias User ID, simply click on “Options” on the NetTeller navigation bar and fill in the “NetTeller ID” field.
Can I change my Password?
Yes. You can change your Password at any time. You may wish to change your Password periodically for your security. To change your Password, simply click on “Options” on the NetTeller navigation bar and fill in the “NetTeller Password” fields. Passwords must be 8 characters and alpha-numeric.
Can you send my user ID and Password through e-mail?
No, e-mail is not a secure means of communication. Because we want to protect the privacy of your account information, your log-in information is mailed to your home address.
What happens if I forget my Password?
We do not have access to your Password once it has been changed. However, if you lose/forget your Password, we can reset it back to your original Password (the last four digits of your social security number). Contact a Commerce Bank Customer Support Specialist at (662) 286-5577. You can also use the password reset feature on the login page.
What happens if I enter the wrong ID or Password?
You are allowed 3 attempts to enter your log-in information. If unsuccessful after the 3rd attempt, your online account access will be locked. Contact a Commerce Bank Customer Support Specialist at (662) 286-5577 during our regular business hours, and we will reset your ID and Password.
COMMERCE BANK’S NETTELLER ONLINE FEATURES
Can I download my bank account information into my financial software package?
Yes. Most software packages allow you to download account information from Commerce Bank Online. Once enrolled, click on the “Help” function to obtain step-by-step directions for downloading. However, please be aware that each software package is different; if you require additional software support, please contact the software manufacturer.
When viewing my current transactions, why do I sometimes see duplicate electronic transactions and online account transfers?
You may see the electronic transactions, which include online transfers, twice during our “end-of-day processing.” End-of-day processing is required for your transactions to be updated. This process begins each banking evening and lasts for several hours. The duplicate transactions will disappear at the end of the processing day.
What happens if I don’t log off the system?
NetTeller has a 10-minute time-out feature. If you are logged in for 10 consecutive minutes without activity, you will need to log in again to resume banking.
Do I need any special software?
No! All you need is Internet access with a browser that supports 128-bit encryption (Netscape Communicator 4.7 and higher, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and higher all support 128-bit encryption). AOL and other browsers need to verify that your version supports SSL encryption. For added security, we recommend that you download the latest browser version, which supports 128-bit encryption. You can test your browser by going to the log-in page and selecting “Test Browser”.
We support the current and prior major releases of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
Please note that utilizing older browsers may result in disabled functionality or limited access to services.
|Supported Browswers – Current & Prior major Release|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)|
|Safari – Apple/Mac Users Only|
The supported browsers above are for use with the traditional online banking interface and devices (desktop/laptop), and do not apply to use with mobile devices (phones/tablets). If using a phone or tablet to access online banking outside of an app, functionality and appearance may vary from the traditional interface.
Beta versions are not supported.
The following types of tools and/or access are not recommended and may impact experience:
Accessing accounts via an embedded browser such as:
- Personal or Commercial Financial Management Software (Quicken, QuickBooks, etc.)
- Browser bars within AOL, Yahoo, Google, etc.
- Internet portal access within gaming system such as xBox.
Use of browser add-ins (emoticons, FunWeb services, etc.)
Must I have “Cookies” enabled to use Commerce Bank’s online banking?
Yes, your browser must accept “Cookies” to utilize this service. Each browser version handles Cookies uniquely. Please check with your browser software manufacturer to determine how to verify that your settings will accept Cookies.
How can you guarantee the security of my banking information?
We have extremely stringent criteria to guarantee the security of your online account information. Our site requires you to have 128-bit encryption, the highest level of security for your protection. If you are unsure about your browser encryption level, please use the “Test Browser” feature on the log-in page to perform a check. More security features are listed below:
- Your banking information never travels the Internet without encryption protection.
- Log-in sessions have a time-out limit and after the limit is reached you are required to log-in again.
- Password guessing is deterred and reported.
Internet security is not a one-time task. Our software vendors are constantly developing and implementing security enhancements to ensure the integrity of our online banking system. The latest development is called Multi-Factor Authentication. This added security has built in safety features to verify that you are logged onto the genuine Commerce Bank website, and that it’s truly you accessing your accounts.
Online Banking is new to me. How do I know my money is safe?
As a Commerce Bank online customer, your money is safe. We use several layers of technology to make sure your Internet transactions are secure and tamperproof.
1. Your Browser. To provide privacy for the data flowing between your computer and bank server, encryption is used. To tell if a session is encrypted, look at the key or lock icon on your browser. If it becomes solid or appears to be locked, then the session is encrypted. If the key icon appears to be broken or the lock unlocked, then encryption is not in use and the current session is not secure.
2. Firewalls. Commerce Bank Online is also protected by a system of filtering routers and firewalls, which create a protective shield between the outside Internet and customer data.
3. Internal Procedures. To further enforce security, stringent internal procedures control every aspect of bank administration, from training employees to confirming customer transactions to preventing service interruptions.
4. What You Can Do To Protect Yourself. As much as we can do on our end to keep your transactions and account information secure, we need your help.
Your user ID and Password provide one of Commerce Bank Online’s most important security features. Because you can select and change your Password at any time, you play an important role in preventing unauthorized access to your online accounts:
- For your own protection, YOU SHOULD change your Password at least every 90 days.
- KEEP your login information confidential. Memorize it, and DO NOT write it down. (NOTE: Commerce Bank representatives will never ask you for your Password.)
- DON’T SELECT a Password that can be easily guessed by anyone else. DO NOT use, for example, your birthday, your spouse’s name or your current ATM PIN.
- MAKE SURE no one else is watching as you type in your Password.
- DO NOT leave your computer unattended with the browser running and valid ID and Password entered.
- ALWAYS log off the system by clicking on the exit tab to end your secure session so that others can’t access your accounts.
- TELL US at once if you believe your Password has been lost or stolen. Please review your Commerce Bank Online Agreement and Disclosure Statement for details.
Other Security Hints:
- Keep your web browser software up-to-date to take advantage of security enhancements.
- Take precautions to keep your computer free from viruses that might be used to capture Password keystrokes or send information from your hard drive.
- DO NOT use coffee shop Internet hook-ups or rented computers. Computers can capture information from the Internet as part of the browser software’s operation, or because someone has loaded a program in it to secretly gather your information.
- If you are away from home and get an unexpected screen asking you for your credit card, Password, or account information, DO NOT disclose.
- If you save financial information on a diskette, remember that a sophisticated user can read it, even after you have “erased” the file. DO NOT share diskettes that contain confidential information.
- Practice “safe trash” with printouts of your account information. DO NOT throw them away where prying eyes can find them. It is always a good idea to shred printouts of your account information before discarding.
Why do I have to change my Password when I first log on?
Security. By changing your password to one that only you know, you maximize the level of security to your accounts.
How do I cancel a pending Bill Payment?
We process payments made on our Bill Pay service twice a day, Monday – Friday (except holidays) at 2:00 am CT and 12:00 Noon CT. You may edit or delete a payment between Noon CT and 2:00 AM CT and between 2:00 AM CT and Noon CT.
For example, if I setup a payment today after noon to to be paid tomorrow, I would have until 2:00 am CT to edit or delete that payment. If I setup a payment prior to Noon today to process today, I would have until Noon to edit or delete that payment.
If you need help or have further questions, feel free to call us at 662-286-5577, stop by our office at 306 South Cass Street or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not send personal information such as your account number through email.)
Can I put a stop payment request on an electronic bill payment made through the Bill Pay service?
You cannot place a stop payment request on an electronic bill payment, but you may do so for a check issued through the Bill Pay service. There may be other ways to stop an electronic bill payment. Please contact us for more information. Call us at 662-286-5577, stop by our office at 306 South Cass Street or email us at email@example.com. (Please do not send personal information such as your account number through email.)
If you receive an error message while using Commerce Bank’s online banking, please make a note of the message, the error number and time, and contact our Online Administrator. We will make every effort to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Who do I call for help?
If you have any questions or need assistance with Commerce Bank’s online banking, contact our Administrator at (662) 286-5577. Our representatives will be happy to assist you.
Is it important to keep Commerce Bank updated on my e-mail address changes?
Definitely. E-mail is an important method we use to keep you updated on electronic payments, news, and other information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone 662-286-5577, or stop by our Main Office for the form.
To change your email address on NetTeller, go to the Options tab. From the Personal submenu option, you can enter their new email address in the Change Email Address field. You must re-enter your new email address in the Reenter New Email Address field to confirm the email address and select Submit to initiate the change.
How can we contact Commerce Bank?
You may visit our Main Office, or contact us through the postal service, e-mail, phone or fax.
PO Box 1680
Phone (662) 286-5577
Fax (662) 286-9567